Aavegotchi finally revealed the release date of the new Haunt 2 Gotchis as approved by the DAO. On August 26, 2 PM UTC until August 28, 2 PM UTC, 12,000 new Gotchis are headed on the auction block while 3,000 will be raffled off.
We’ve been following the success of Aavegotchi. In March, the project made headlines after selling out 10,000 Aavegotchi Portals in under a minute via a first-come, first-serve NFT Drop. Of course, this was a major milestone for the project. However, many potential buyers felt thay they missed. Then, the community voted a resounding yes to the Haunt 2 proposal to release more gotchis into the Metaverse.
The team crafted several strategies to remediate the issues from Haunt 1. Hence, the introduction of the GBM Auction Model. Learning from the past, the auction for the Haunt 2 Gotchis will now follow the Bid-To-Earn Auction. Basically, every time someone is outbid, they will be compensated with percentage rewards. In this way, everybody earns, not just the person who wins the auction.
Now let’s meet the new Defi-powered NFTs from Haunt 2.
Haunt 2 Gotchis
This is largest GBM #BidToEarn auction to date because thee project will auction off 80% of the supply. Meanwhile, the team plans to distribute the other 20% via Drop Ticket Raffle. This means that Aavegotchi will simulatenouly acution off 12,000 Portals . Then they will distribute the remaining 3,0000 via a chainlink VRF powered raffle within 10 days of the auction.
The Haunt 2 Auction will also offer at least 36 new wearables of varying rarity levels. These wearables are all trait boosting and arranged to support a dozen complete 3-piece sets. Since wearables are an important component of the Aavegotchi, the new wearables also present new opportunities. For example, wearables boost the traits and rarity score of Gotchis enable them to perform better in mini-games and rarity farming.
It is worth noting that unlike Haunt 1, H2 auction will not introduce new potions. Going forward, Potions inflation will only happen through play. The team assured NFT holders that there would be more opportunities to earn Potions through winning competitions and mini-games.
First Look: New Spirit Forces
The Haunt 2 Gotchis will not just sport new wearables. The team also tweaked the customer journey to be easier. Having Aave protocol live alongside Aavegotchi on Polygon Network means summoning an Aavegotchi is easier than ever. All Haunt 2 Aavegotchi are staked with Aave’s yield generating amTokens. In contrast, Haunt 1 summoning required our own bridge solution maTokens.
Polygon combines the best of Ethereum and sovereign blockchains into a full-fledged multi-chain system. So since Aave’s amTokens are minted natively on Polygon, the minting process is now simpler. Users can directly mint tokens at Aave.com or swap for them on any major Polygon DEX. The team also promises to introduce an intuitive swapping widget directly on their dapp before the auction starts.
Aave’s Polygon platform offers a limited but quality list of tokens available for lending and borrowing. This means the lineup for Aavegotchi Spirit Forces has been adjusted, with a couple of tokens being dropped and a few new ones being added. The final list of Haunt 2 Aavegotchi collaterals now includes WBTC, the doomer WETH and the otherworldly Polygon (MATIC) spirits. This means that there are now seven unique Spirit Forces.
Haunt 1 vs. Haunt 2
Throughout the execution of the Haunt 2 proposal, the team has been very conscious in terms of balancing Haunt 1 and Hauntt 2 Gotchis. Thus, ETH, LINK, UNI, YFI, and TUSD Spirit Forces are destined to remain only as Haunt 1 Spirit Forces.
Furthermore, Mythical eye shades are to remain only accessible from Haunt 1 Portals. This is a big deal because Mythical eye shapes are the rarest of eyes; highly desired and seldom summoned. On the other hand, Haunt 2 will feature new designs for mythical high and mythical low eye shapes.
While waiting for the drop, make sure to link your wallet to Aavegotchi.com and deposit some GHST to have a chance to grab some pixelated ghosts in the Metaverse.
All investment/financial opinions expressed by NFTevening.com are not recommendations.
This article is educational material.
As always, make your own research prior to making any kind of investment.