Visa recently launched an initiative program to bring together small business owners and creators interested in incorporating NFTs with business. The program will feature a one-year immersion for individuals who are serious about the power of Web3 technology. While having experience in a particular sector is always a plus, the program is open to all regardless of NFT knowledge.
The Creator Program
As the Web3 industry continues to grow, Visa and other financial institutions look to further their hold on crypto-related assets. While the industry continues to evolve through various avenues, including NFTs and digital land, opportunities lay waiting. However, blockchain complexity and an overall lack of knowledge have led to many missed opportunities by small businesses and creators. With this purpose in mind, Visa’s mission is to bring together like-minded digital creators and empower them through ‘product strategy mentorship’ and the utility inside Dapps and the flexibility of crypto assets.
Right now, some 50 million artists, musicians, and creators of all stripes publish content as a full- or part-time source of income. The creator economy is one of the fastest-growing categories of small business. To support this growth, we’re launching the Visa Creator Program. An initiative that aims to help digital-first artists, musicians, fashion designers, and filmmakers. Accelerating their small business through non-fungible tokens. – Visa Crypto team
How will the program work?
Selected creators will join a cohort-driven program to build and deepen their fluency in crypto commerce and finance, such as traditional payments. While focused on supporting creators in five key areas:
- Technical and product mentorship: Mentorship with Visa’s team of crypto product and strategy leaders, to cover topics including evaluating tradeoffs between underlying blockchain networks, smart contracts, and NFT marketplaces.
- Community building: The opportunity to exchange ideas and problem-solve with a community of creators in various stages of their NFT journey.
- Access to thought leaders: Hear from leading-edge thinkers and researchers working across digital commerce, web3, crypto and payments.
- Exposure to Visa’s clients and partners: Opportunities to engage with companies across Visa’s network of clients and partners.
- Stipend: One-time stipend to help creators kick-start the next phase of growth.
“As the concept of ‘small business’ continues to expand and evolve, from mom-and-pop storefronts to content creators and gig workers. Visa is excited to support the next generation of entrepreneurs in scaling a business and getting paid.” – Visa