The Sandbox is collaborating with People of Crypto Lab to create the first-ever diversity & inclusivity center in the metaverse.
People of Crypto Lab’s Metaverse Centre For Diversity in The Sandbox
‘The Center for Belonging’ is launching in June 2022 during The Sandbox Alpha 3. Furthermore, it will include a diverse avatar collection, education social hub, entertainment, and immersive gamified experiences.
Moreover, it is starting with hosting the first Metaverse Pride and a play-to-earn game to celebrate our differences.
Meanwhile, People of Crypto Lab (POC) is dedicated to increasing diversity, participation, and representation in Web3. In addition, it aims to build the blueprint for inclusion across Web3 and the metaverse.
Here are some of the things that POC is looking to do:
- Education & onboarding for brands and consumers, creating meaningful web3 brand integrations rooted in celebrating diversity.
- Develop, invest, and promote brands with diverse stories, teams, and projects representing women, black, brown, people of color, and LGBTQIA+ creators, developers, and brands. POC will reinvest 50% of NFT sales back into the community.
- Create empowering new opportunities for underserved creators and users. The lab will develop IP, brands, games, multimedia content, and NFT projects built for the next generation audience and future-forward communities with all marginalized groups kept top of mind.
- Remain blockchain agnostic and create unbiased use cases for multi-chain interoperability.
- Finally, create one of the most diverse avatar collections in web3 history with representation from 57 skin shades representing all ethnicities and backgrounds to differently-abled avatars including all people of the world. Diverse gameplay with wheelchair and drag queen MPCs.
“As someone who had to hide behind my real identity, I am eager for the metaverse to allow marginalized communities to have a safe space to express their true selves and feel represented,” said POC co-founder Akbar Hamid. “Our deep understanding of culture and the consumer to Web 3.0 journey is our power.”