Wolf game is launching the “Alpha Game,” which pits sheep and wolves against each other for a whopping 500 Million $WOOL tokens prize pool!
Based on CoinMarketCap, each token is trading at $0.3808 so this smashes the record for the largest eSports prize pool. As of press time, the total value is $190 Million, which is 4.5x the prize pool of the current record holder, Dota 2.
Wolf Game: Alpha Game and Million-Dollar eSports Prize Pool
In the Alpha game, wolves and sheep need to choose an Alpha and travel in packs. So the goal is to accumulate as many points as possible as a group. Then, $WOOL rewards will be distributed based on total points and several special events.
Take note that packs with more sheep and wolves staked in them earn more points in the game. By staking $WOOL, packs earn “Actions” that they can use to attack and fortify. So the more $WOOL staked in a pack, the faster it earns “Actions.” A Wolf or Sheep can be part of only one pack at a time. However, they may choose to switch packs at any time, at a cost.
At the end of the game, the Alpha in each Pack will receive 5% of their Pack’s winnings in exchange for their efforts to build and protect their Pack. Then, the members will split the remaining 95%. They can only claim $WOOL tokens proportional to their contributions.
Players will claim their winnings as $WOOL Pouches unless they add up to less than 10,000 $WOOL. In that case, it will be released as ERC-20 tokens. Players may claim an individual WOOL Pouch per NFT staked or aggregate winnings from multiple NFTs into a single WOOL Pouch.
Reception So Far
Wolf Game is one of the fastest rising Play-to-Earn (P2E) NFT games in the market. It closed 2021 with over 21K ETH in sales on OpenSea, including the sheep and wolves collection. Even prominent NFT figure Gary Vee tweeted about the project.
The gameplay starts by purchasing your own sheep or wolves NFTs. In the game, your sheep rewards you with $WOOL tokens. The tokens allow you to mint new sheep NFTs, which generate more $WOOL, or wolf NFTs, which steal $WOOL. And the cycle repeats. Users can opt to cash out by swapping $WOOL on Uniswap or selling their NFTs on OpenSea.
So the Alpha game is designed to push the utility of $WOOL tokens. Make sure you check out the full mechanics and gameplay in the Alpha Game Whitepaper!