Art Blocks and Bright Moments have revealed their second collaboration project, 923 Empty Rooms by Casey Reas. This new artwork builds upon Reas’ previous work, An Empty Room. To clarify, ‘An Empty Room’ was commissioned by the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) in 2023. The work explores simulation, visual representation, and abstraction. Further, the project delves into kinetic art and a “binary plastic language,” while also touching on the history of perspective and cubism. Let’s take a look at the new collection from Casey Reas.
- The second collaboration project showcases 923 unique outputs combining colorforms from different Bright Moments locations like Tokyo, New York, Berlin, etc.
- The collection will be available on the Art Blocks website via a dutch auction, minting over six days, and collectors can acquire algorithmic combinations from different cities.
- Holders of a “Full Set” with a colorform from each city will be eligible for a special mint from the artist to commemorate the collection.
923 Empty Rooms by Casey Reas
The core of 923 Empty Rooms lies in selecting one shape or “colorform” for each Bright Moments location – Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, London, Mexico City, and Tokyo. Then, an algorithm combines these six colorforms to generate 923 unique outputs. Together, they form a single on-chain collection. Casy Reas chose to release 923 Empty Room on the Art Blocks website.
Art Blocks previously partnered with Bright Moments in January as part of the Art Blocks Collaborator Collection. The platform is committed to expanding the possibilities of generative art. Therefore, the collaboration with Casey Reas aims to further push the boundaries of generative art, building on his legacy as one of the pioneers in the modern generative art community.
How Can You Collect a ‘923 Empty Rooms’ Artwork?
The collection will mint over six days, each day representing 1/6 of the collection associated with a specific coloform. Additionally, the sale will happen via dutch auction.
Collectors can visit Bright Moments galleries throughout the week to view the longform outputs of the Empty Rooms algorithm. The global exhibition kicks off in Tokyo and concludes in Los Angeles on August 19th:
- Monday, August 14: 154 Tokyo colorforms
- Tuesday, August 15: 154 Berlin colorforms
- Wednesday, August 16: 154 London colorforms
- Thursday, August 17: 154 New York colorforms
- Friday, August 18: 154 Mexico City colorforms
- Saturday, August 19: 153 Los Angeles colorforms
Collectors have the opportunity to acquire algorithmic combinations from different cities! There are 917 available after the Bright Moments galleries receive their primary colorforms. New York, Berlin, London, Mexico City, and Tokyo will each have 154 combinations, while Los Angeles will have 153.
Finally, upon the conclusion of the final sale, wallets holding a “Full Set” with a colorform from each city will be eligible for a special mint from the artist to commemorate the collection. So, keep an eye on the Bright Moments Twitter for extra information.